What happens when Gallup interviews more than 176,000 U.S. adults across all 50 states, conducted from January to December 2014 in the following five essential areas of well-being?
Add all the scores up and you get a Well-Being Index; the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index has released their 2014 results for the best (& worst) well-being states
(The Oxford English dictionary describes ‘well-being’ the state of being comfortable, healthy, or happy )
The five judged areas are:
• Purpose: liking what you do each day and being motivated to achieve your goals
• Social: having supportive relationships and love in your life
• Financial: managing your economic life to reduce stress and increase security
• Community: liking where you live, feeling safe, and having pride in your community
• Physical: having good health and enough energy to get things done daily
Texas made the Top 10 States this year for well-being! Check out the well-being graphic below:
Improving and sustaining high well-being is vital to any population’s overall health and economy. Well-being is also a predictor of business outcomes such as employee engagement, customer engagement, turnover and workplace safety, which can affect a population’s ability to reach its economic potential.
High well-being is also strongly related to important societal outcomes such as lower rates of teen pregnancy and crime, as well as higher high school graduation rates and more charitable giving.
Way to go Texas for making the top 10 ‘Well-Being States’! Many companies have also figured it out are relocating here; Austin’s unemployment levels is one of the lowest in the country.
Not happy where you are or want a better State of ‘Well-Being’ ? Come and live in central Texas and the great city of Austin! Contact us today!