Texas ranked #1 overall in the following three categories:
- Taxations & Regulations
- Workforce Quality
- Living Environment
State of Texas GDP
• % Growth ’10-’11: 3.3
• % Growth ’10-’11 v. Nat’l Avg. (1.5%): 1.8
Unemployment in Texas
• Unemployment Rate Dec. 2012 %: 6.2
• Comparison with Nat’l Rate (7.80%): -1.6
Domestic Migration in Texas
• Domestic Net Migration ’10-’11: 145,315
• Rank: 1
State Government in Texas
• Debt per Capita Fiscal Year ’10 ($): 1,679
• State & Local Gov’t Employees per 10k Residents: 563.9
State-Local Tax Burden in Texas
• Rate (%): 8.2
• Compared to Nat’l Avg. (9.9%): -1.6
Key Companies in Texas
• ExxonMobil Corp.
• AT&T Inc.
• Dell Inc.
• AMR Corp.
• Southwest Airlines
Development Trend Indicator
Positive: Amazingly, the Lone Star State hasn’t let up and keeps building on its lead.
CEO Comments on Texas
- “States like Texas… are consistently trying to help us grow our business and are listening to the leaders of companies to help solve problems.”
- “We moved the bulk of our manufacturing and engineering operations to Austin and have been very pleased with the results.”
- “Texas has it ‘right’ on all fronts.”
- “A number of my friends do business in both California and Texas. Their experiences are causing them to move as much of their operations to Texas as they can. I only invest in California if I have to!”
- “Glad to become part of the great “TEXodus” and moved from CA to TX—been really terrific for us.”
- “Texas is probably the most business friendly state I’ve ever been in and supports the efforts of new and existing businesses.”
- “The regulatory and tax environment in Texas makes it my first pick.”
- “Texas still stands head and shoulders above others in their business climate, employee work ethics and living environment.”
- “Texas is the clear leader because of taxes and pro-business attitudes.”
- “Texas is somewhat overrated due to the legal climate and overall psychology of entitlement.”
- “Texas, Colorado and Indiana are certainly doing the things in tax and infrastructure to be attractive to business.”
- “Texas is wonderful biz environment. Friendly, well-educated, motivated workers. Great tax base and very good educational system.”
- “Texas has done the most to attract business. Not only taxation, but laws to limit legal liability.”
- “Texas is consistently, and vastly, over-rated by most surveys. The quality of workforce and living environment are inferior to many other states.”
- “Texas is the best place to do business, recruit talent, every metric, hands down. New Mexico is our home state and they try but it just has not yet happened like in Florida, Nevada and Texas.”
- “Texas is best by far. No other state is even close.”
Best Places For Business in the USA 2013
|2013 Rank||State||2012 Rank||1 Year Change|
Give us a call to make your next move to TEXAS! We still have some of the best value real estate, but hurry before everyone else finds out! Contact us today!
Chiefexecutive.net, Bureau of Economic Analysis, Bureau of Labor Statistics, NewGeography.com, The Tax Foundation